Monday, May 18, 2009

<-- Liquefactive Necrosis
Hello again everyone.  I wanted to take a few minutes to write and tell you about the start of semester 3.  The first week saw four eight hours days of class right off the bat.  That was long but it was all highly interesting.  Pathology is at the top of my list.  The whole first year of medicine is how the body is in its normal state.  Now we get to the good stuff..ur...the bad stuff: how it all goes wrong.  So far we've tackled the four types of necrosis and inflammation.  Here are a few pictures to give you an idea: Coagulation necrosis
Figure 3
Caseous Necrosis:  mmmmm....Cheesey...literally!

Fat Necrosis:

  I know you guys are as excited as I am to see this stuff.  
     Today we had Intro to Clinical Medicine (ICM) Lab.  What does this mean?  It means we got to examine an actual patient!!!!!  It was worth the wait!!  Amazing to actually face another human being and find their pulses, examine their eyes and oral mucosa, etc.  In the afternoon I conducted my first interview on an actual patient.  Equally amazing.  
     All this is what I have been waiting for.  It is what I thought medical would be like!!  It's been a remembering of why I got into this in the first place.  
    Thanks for reading!
         John

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your classes. So was the real live patient nervous when you were examining them ;)?